Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Puff-My New Favorite Style

Wash n' Go Puff Using
Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner
and Eco Styler (Argan Oil) Gel
I remember looking through tons of photos and videos of natural hairstyles while I was transitioning.  I was always impressed with how big and fluffy natural hair can get. 

Now, nearly two years later (since the BC), I'm finally starting to see some big hair on my own head.  I just recently noticed that I actually have a decent size puff goin' on so it's my go-to style when I want something easy.  I have to be careful though because the headbands I use can be tight at first.  I really wish that I could wear the style everyday but I don't want to lose my edges or cause any breakage. 


Braid-out Pony Puff
Using a Banana Clip

What I find that works is I'll wash my hair (usually at night) and then prep it for a braid-out or wash n' go.  Then, I'll wear it down the following day.  The day after that, if the style is not as cute as the first day, I'll put it up in a puff.  When my hair is stretched from braids and twists, I can usually fit my hair into a banana clip that I place horizontally to make a full pony-puff.  After a wash n' go, I'll just re-wet my hair and then push it back with a headband until it stops (right at the crown).  I'm definitely looking forward to wearing my hair like this during the summertime. It's so easy and keeps my hair off of my shoulders.  I just hope that it will also help me get to APL.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails