Monday, January 16, 2017

Getting Back to it After a Long Blog Hiatus

Curly In Colorado Natural Hair Blog
Feeling better and ready to
get back to blogging
It certainly has been a really long time since I last posted here on CurlyinColorado.com.  There were plenty of times during my hiatus that I thought about updating everyone on my hair journey.  Thing is, the end of 2015 and all of 2016 proved to be very challenging for me personally.  It turns out that I was experiencing chronic pain from a large tumor like growth in my lower abdomen.  The pain increased and eventually led to an abdominal surgery in October of 2016.  After the surgery it was later concluded that the growth was the result of endometriosis. 


I sit here writing this post realizing that others may have experienced something similar.  All I can say is, if something doesn't seem right, definitely seek medical attention early before it gets out of  hand.  The pain left me feeling down and unmotivated.  I also wasn't sleeping very well which made me tired and not up to my best during the day.  However, since the surgery, I have fully recovered and am feeling so much better.  I'm even back to exercising and sleeping normally.



Curly in Colorado Natural Hair Blog
Scenes from my new office space
My new found energy has got me wanting to get back to things that I missed out on while I was down with the pain.  Blogging is one of those things so you'll be seeing more posts here on CurlyinColorado.com.  Another positive is that our family purchased a new home in 2016!  This month marks one full year of living in our new house and we are lovin' it.  We have more space and are even enjoying a designated office just off of the master bedroom.  I'm adding to the space all of the time and can't wait to start filming for my YouTube Channel and creating content for the blog. 

So there it is!  My blog hiatus is officially over.  Let me know if there are any topics that you would like to see in a post.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails