Friday, September 12, 2014

Getting Too Cold for My Wash n' Go

www.curlyincolorado.com Wash n Go Braid Out

It is nearly the middle of September and I'm already shopping for knit beanies to wear over my hair in the snow.  Welcome to Colorado!  Home of the mild summers and early winters.  This would be fine by me if I wasn't having so much fun with my wash n' go style.  Yes, recently I've been rocking my curls and enjoying my curly afro.  However, last night it was forecast to drop down to good ole thirty two degrees or freezing as I like to call it.   

To prepare for the cold, my family and I quickly harvested our large, unripe tomatoes from our community garden plot.  We hated to do it but we just didn't want to risk losing them.  While standing in the drizzling rain and feeling my fingers go numb, I decided it was time to start wearing braid outs.  The style works for me  during the colder weather because I don't have to revive the look by rewetting my hair in the morning.  Also, my hair will usually lay flat enough for me to wear a warm knit beanie hat over it.  Braid outs for the win!

www.curlyincolorado.com Wash n go braid out
My High Puff
I might be making a warm headband
for when I wear this style during the winter
I like to knit and crochet so I may possibly construct a new hat for myself.  I might even look into making a warm head band for those days when I want to wear a puff or high bun.  Another option would be to head over to Natural Born Hats and order a couple of their satin lined beanies.  Either way, I'm not about that dripping wet hair life when it comes to the colder temps.  Sure, we still may have a couple of sunny days coming up but as for me and my curls, it's braid out season.

BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM FOR A LOOK AT MY DAILY HAIR ROUTINE

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails