Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Braid-out Success with Palmer's Coconut Oil Replenishing Hair Milk

Normally when I do a braid-out I end up with frizzy ends.  I always make sure to be very careful when taking the braids down but it just hasn't been working out.  Another thing that I wrestle with is getting my hair to air dry completely.  I usually spritz my hair with my Aloe Vera juice spray mixture and apply shea butter or some other heavy moisture for hold.  By morning my hair is always damp and we all know what happens if you don't wait until your hair is completely dry...frizzy, puffy hair.  

Now I'm learning to just start out with dry hair and apply moisturizer to set the style.  This is sometimes my current go-to Palmer's Coconut Oil Replenishing Hair Milk, or just plain leave-in conditioner.  I like the Hair Milk because it also helps to reduce frizz and lists shea butter as one of the main ingredients.  I then seal the moisture with one of my favorite oils.  

For my most recent braid-out, I used small satin rollers on the ends.  Only this time I wound the last 2 inches of hair around the roller (like a corkscrew) instead of rolling it up flat like I normally do.  The end result was a fabulous, full style with waves and spiral curls.     

Here are some pics



Most recent with curly ends
My Braid-out before with
straight, frizzy ends
















1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails