Sunday, November 21, 2010

Countdown to Thanksgiving

I'm making my list and checking it twice.  We're having a few family members over on Thanksgiving which means that I have a lot on my to-do list this week.  I can't forget about my hair though.  In the past I have done curly styles for special occasions like roller sets and twist-outs.  For this Thanksgiving I'm gonna go ahead and wear it straight.  I've been participating in a couple of Growth Challenges with the ladies at K.I.S.S. and can finally take this opportunity to check my progress. 

This month I also started doing deep conditioning treatments twice a week.  This is another challenge that was started last year or the year before.   Someone on K.I.S.S. decided to get it going again.  Basically, I'm doing it for the extra moisture my hair needs during the winter months.  This week though, since I'm going to use heat on my hair, I'm probably going to make sure and do something with protein.  I have the Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor which works good but the ingredients include Mineral oil and silicones.  While I'm out buying my turkey and veggies for Thursday, I may just pick up the GPB conditioner by Aubrey Organics.  I have always liked their Honeysuckle Rose conditioner for when I need moisture so I'm pretty confident that this one will work for me as well.  Either way, I always like to prepare my hair with a deep treatment so that I won't end up damaging my curls when using heat.  Hopefully I can find the time for all the cooking and cleaning and still get dinner done on time.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails