Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor on Natural Curly Hair

When my hair was relaxed, I never took the time to deep condition my hair.  I had a pretty simple regimen which included shampoo, conditioner and a leave-in conditioner.  If I had been introduced to do the idea of using a light protein treatment, my hair might have been a lot stronger.  Since I was clueless back then, my color treated, chemically straightened hair broke off like mad.

I heard about the Aphogee line when I was doing research on how to keep my hair from breaking.  The two step protein treatment sounded a little too involved for me.  However the conditioner like Keratin 2 minute Reconstructor I thought was worth a try.  I started using it once a month during my transitioning period and experienced a lot more length retention.



WATCH HOW I USE 
APHOGEE'S KERATIN 2 MINUTE RECONSTRUCTOR


After doing my big chop I figured I didn't need the product anymore.  I started wearing my natural hair straight once a month and quickly learned that my hair still needed protein.  That's why I still use the light protein treatment by Aphogee.  It is my go to product when my curls need a little help.  Now, don't get me wrong, this product will not bring severely heat damaged hair back from the brink.  It will however help strengthen damaged hair and lessen the chance of breakage.  Take a look at my video to watch a quick demonstration of how I use the product.

DISCLAIMER:  If your hair is protein sensitive then this product may not work for you.    Be sure to read the product instructions prior to using this product.  I consider this to be a light protein treatment but if used too often it can lead to dryness and breakage.  Always follow a protein treatment with a moisture deep conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails