Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Onyx Box Opening January 2015

www.curlyincolorado.com Onyx Box January We Are Onyx
Recently I was sent the Onyxbox for the month of January.  What's this you ask?   It's a monthly  beauty subscription service that is geared towards women of color.  Previously, the box has featured items from Shea Moisture, Cargo and OPI nails and a host of other beauty brands.  So naturally I was excited to see what was in this month's box and I was definitely not disappointed.

There are so many natural hair brands out there who offer hair products for our textured tresses. A service like the Onyxbox allows you to try before you buy.  Inside this month's box were items from Woman to Woman Naturals, Anu Essentials and Beija Flor.  This is my first time trying products from these brands and I am interested to see how they work on my hair.


www.curlyincolorado.com Onyx Box January We Are Onyx
I already tested out the Creme Brulee Moisturizer from Beija Flor on my hair which is currently straight.  It did not cause my hair to revert but left me with soft hair that smelled like cinnamon.  The Anu Essentials line is one I've heard of on Instagram.  There appears to be a small sample packet of nearly every product they offer in this month's box.  Then there is the leave-in conditioner by Woman to Woman Naturals.  It has a citrus scent which will make for a nice mid-winter pick me up.

But wait, there's more!  The wintery dry climate of Colorado has left me with dry skin.  I was glad to find the Cracked Heel Stick Soap by Luxuriant in this month's offerings.  It says that it cleans and exfoliates so there may be hope for me yet!  Lastly is the Golden Ticket Nail Sugar by Cinapro.  To date, I have never seen a nail polish product with a light up cap.  Where have I been?

www.curlyincolorado.com Onyx Box January We Are OnyxOne of the best features about the Onyxbox service is that you can head over to www.weareonyx.com and shop the collection of goodies offered.  There you can also sign up to receive your own monthly beauty box.  See website for details.

Note:  This box was sent to me courtesy of WeAreOnyx for the purpose of this review.  I am not affiliated with www.weareonyx.com and/or any of the brands mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails