Sunday, February 19, 2012

Natural Hair Out on the Town

Valentine's Day High Puff
I've been revisiting some old styles with my hair recently and decided to wear them out to a few special events.  For Valentine's Day the Hubby and I ended up hanging out with the kids for dinner so we went to one of our favorite mexican restaurants, Little Anita's.  The food was great as always so I was glad we got to share it with the little ones who love to eat.

I decided to style my hair in a high puff that was pushed forward.  I did a curly twist-out a couple nights before so for this I just spritzed my hair with diluted leave-in conditioner and slicked the edges and sides with Eco Styler gel.  I didn't realize my puff was so big but it actually looked really nice and went well with my new dress and earrings.

For another outing I went with my mom to see the play, "God, How Did We Get Here," a romantic dramedy about relationships.   My mother's friend, Dwight Cain, sang a song during the final scene of the play.  There were some really hilarious scenes and it was a treat to see an original theatre production which featured local actors.

For this event I decided to go with a flat twist-out style.  This one took about thirty minutes to prep the night before with flat twists in front and individual two strand twists in back.  I started with wet, freshly co-washed hair and applied Giovanni Direct Leave-in Conditioner in four sections.  Before twisting, I applied a small amount of my homemade whipped shea butter to each twist section.  The style was very defined and had lots of volume.  I used small grey perm rods on the end of each twist for a little extra curl definition.  I was even able to get a second day out of the style by protecting it with a satin bonnet overnight.

Here are some pictures I took while out on the town

Little Anita's Mexican Restaurant, Denver
The Kids enjoyed their Nachos with all the Fixin's

Waiting for the Show
at the
After Thought Theatre, Denver
Ticket Art
Thanks for the Tickets, D  :)



Me and Mom
Having fun at the show


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails