Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ponytail Roller Set on Natural Hair


Recently, I have tried my hand at roller setting my hair again and I absolutely love it.  This was a staple style for me when I was transitioning because it was a way to blend my roots with the straight ends.  I'm not a huge fan of sitting under the dryer though so I stopped doing it so often and only pulled the rollers out for special occasions.  Since I've been reviewing the whole flat iron thing I realized that using direct heat on my hair is actually doing more harm than good.  I can get smooth results with the rollers and save my hair the damage from straightening with heat.  
There was still one thing though.  Whenever I did a roller set it took forever in a day to get all of the rollers in and I would end up with puffy roots.  Well, there's a little cheat called the, "Ponytail Roller Set," where you use ponytail sections to smooth the roots.  I still sectioned my hair with the mohawk down the middle and two side sections.  So there were 4 ponytails down the middle and 3 on either side.  I used mini Ouchless bands which worked well because they slid out pretty easily.  Then I only had to use two large rollers per ponytail.  I was so happy that it took a lot less time to get all of the rollers in and even more so that I could actually comb through my roots.  That night I even did my very first successful Saran Wrap/Silk Wrap.  This is when you wrap the hair after the roller set to smooth it for a more straight look.  My results were so nice that I've decided, from now on, I'm going to use my rollers when I want to wear it straight.  I'm okay with using the flat iron on my roots every once in awhile but there really is no need to put that kind of stress on my ends each time.  Here are some pics of how it turned out.

Top View

Back and Side

Roots turned out smooth

The setting lotion I used

Results from the Saran Wrap/Silk Wrap





   




4 comments:

  1. Love it!! Gonna share with my readers! We've got to get together girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Yes, we do need to hook up again. Thanks for stoppin' by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I tried this hairstyle out on my own hair which I am relaxed by the way. I was really excited about it,more because it cut down on rolling time. So, anyway I got from under the dryer really confident like yay I'm done. Went to the bathroom to see my work and my hair was a mess. I put two big rollers on two short hair lol. I know better next time. I'm glad yours turned out really nice though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it takes some practice. Just remember to make sure the hair is completely dry before you take it down. Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails