Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Cherry Creek Arts Festival 2011

I remember attending the very first Cherry Creek Arts Festival when I was in High School.  I was a budding artist and the concept was so cool to me.  Basically, it's a large scale art event situated right in the middle of the Cherry Creek North shopping district.  There is usually a lot of live music, wine & beer gardens, food and even craft stations for the little ones.  Not only is there lots of cool activities, music and artist booths, but visiting the surrounding shops can be fun too.  Now that I'm older, I enjoy heading to the festival but with the family in tow.  My kids all love to draw so I like to think that maybe the art and artists are an inspiration for them now like the festival was for me when I was younger.  It sounded like a great way to spend my birthday this week which is only 3 days after the 4th of July. 

 Here are a few pictures I took at this years' event.


My Curly Braid out


Lots of good food

Just couldn't resist the Smoked Turky Leg


Festive 4th of July bikes

1 comment:

  1. Sabrina/seriouslynatural.orgJuly 17, 2011 at 7:33 PM

    Went out to the Denver Black Arts Festival today and saw tons of Naturals!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails